Smugglers Notch is a narrow mountain pass between Stowe and Jeffersonville VT
The most beautiful rides in Vermont
Why choose SMUGGLERS NOTCH CYCLING Vermont Bicycle Tours?
- The number of cyclists is limited to 2-6 people , therefore, much better service is provided with a more intimate experience.
- Your guide rides these areas constantly so his knowledge is incomparable
- The main difference with this tour is cyclists are transported to and from the ride start
- Transporting cyclists each day allows for each route to be designed with extremely low traffic and magnificent scenery and specifically staying off the main roads, for example, during a 30 miles ride there will be less than 5 miles on a main road.
- The tours are in the detailed three areas only
- Almost all of the pictures will be exactly what you will see on the tour. (no professional photography or photoshopped!) About three quarters were taken by cell phone actually riding a bicycle.
VALUE and PRICE:
- $2150/$3700 per person for 7 nights, 8 days
- 5 riding days and 1 day for 2 hour sailing cruise
- Stay in one Inn (one bed) for entire tour
- Unpack(pack) once
- The quintessential Vermont village of Stowe
- If you stay one day in Stowe, you ‘ll want to stay two, and if you stay one week in Stowe you want to stay two! There is so much to do both inside and outside you will not want to leave! There is never enough time to see and do it all!
EXPERIENCED with PERSONALIZED SERVICE:
- All cycling tours are designed and guided by Dean Collins, owner and operator of Smugglers Notch Cycling, who has been in the customer service business his entire professional career.
- You will deal with one person and have the benefit of an experienced professional who will make your satisfaction his top priority.
What cyclists say about our Vermont Bike Tours
Dlynne from Massachusetts
If you like riding through the countryside in rolling hills with beautiful views this tour delivers. If you need some difficult, long climbs, they are there too. The food is amazing, and the sail on Lake Champlain was awesome! Don’t miss this Vermont adventure with Smuggler’s Notch Cycling it’s truly epic!
Bill from Indiana
I have gone on many tours with Smuggler’s Notch Cycling over the years. Dean, the guide, is the consummate planner who always will maximize your experience. At the same time, perhaps his biggest strength is reading the mood and conditions to match the day’s variables with a plan that will please and satisfy. This combination of having a plan and being able to roll with the changes is Dean’s greatest strength. I strongly recommend you give Smuggler’s Notch Cycling a chance to let you experience some of what I did during my tours. You will not regret it.
Gary from Massachusetts
We had a wonderful time with Smugglers Notch Cycling! Dean took us out for some beautiful scenery on the Island Tour and sailing on the water. It didn’t stop there as we also had a great time with our guide at dinner. We will definitely come back again!
Heidi from Michigan
I had the pleasure of taking this tour and it was, in a word….Outstanding!! Dean is an excellent tour guide and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The Notch is truly a sight to be seen!! My favorite spot of the entire tour for sure! If you have the chance to take a Smuggler’s Notch Cycling tour you should definitely do it, and I have no doubt you’ll do it again! I am looking forward to my next visit to VT, the islands, Stowe, and The Trapp Family Estate! I also look forward to meeting everyone during Heidi’s Tea Time! 5 stars! ️️️️️️️️
Jay from Massachusetts
Your host, Dean Collins, has been my best friend since we were 5 years old. Take my word for it: There’s no better host, no one kinder, more compassionate and without question, so passionate about cycling. He and I have vacationed together, and he has always planned perfect itineraries for various getaways. I’m so pleased you will get to enjoy his hospitality, expertise and the charm and friendship I’ve cherished my whole life. I am sure your experience with Smugglers Notch Cycling will be something you’ll re-book immediately for next year, and the year after and year after. My personal suggestion: the Lake Champlain Islands Tour … but they’re all spectacular!